call or click here:
If you’ve been thinking about having a new air conditioning system installed in your home, it’s a pretty good bet that you’re not just looking for a way to spend some cash. You know that air conditioning is a necessity, and it’s a significant expense. So replacing it is probably not something you want to do, but something that you need to do. How can you be sure if it’s time to replace? According to ENERGY STAR there are certain telltale signs that signify a replacement might be in order. Here are five indicators that can help you decide.
- You’re not comfortable. If your air conditioning system is running and your home simply is not as cool as you’d like, it’s not doing its job. It’s important that you and your family feel comfortable in your home, and if your air conditioning system isn’t keeping your home as cool as it did in the past, it might be time for a replacement. There are situations where you simply need repair or maintenance, though, which is why it’s always a good idea to have a qualified technician examine your system before making any decisions.
- Your air conditioner is more than 10 years old. If this is the case, then you can expect that your system is probably not as effective or as efficient as it once was. In fact, there have been so many advancements in air conditioning in recent years that it’s likely your system never was as efficient as newer models may be. Think about replacing your old air conditioning system with one that is ENERGY STAR rated. Our technicians can install your new unit and help you save up to 20 percent on your home cooling costs.
- Your energy bills keep going up. Does it seem like cost-wise, one summer is worse than the next when it comes to your home’s energy consumption? Even in Louisiana, where AC is used year-round, spikes in your energy bills when the weather is at its hottest, year after year, are a pretty good indication that your air conditioning system’s effectiveness is declining.
- You’re noticing excess humidity. While there can be other problems afoot, such as leaky ductwork, if you’ve been noticing that your home is more humid than it was in the past, your equipment is probably not operating as effectively as it should. Or, your equipment may not be sized appropriately to your home (this is especially the case if you have some areas of your house that are still too warm, even with the AC running.)
- You’re constantly making repairs on your system. If you find that you’re calling your air conditioning contractor on a frequent basis, then your system may just not have that much more life left in it. It is probably time to at least start researching your options for new air conditioning. If the repairs are starting to get pretty expensive, the chances are it would be much more cost effective in the long run for you to have new AC installed.
When you need to install new air conditioning in your home, then you can count on the experts at Burkhardt Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration & Generators to help. Our expert technicians want to help you and your family feel as comfortable in your home as possible, and one of the ways we can do that is by helping you get the AC you need. Count on us for expert installation, maintenance or repair of your air conditioning system, as well as for a whole host of your other home comfort needs. Southshore residents contact us at 504.277.7520, and Northshore residents please call 985.626.7741. We will be happy to help you with all of your HVAC needs.