People living in Louisiana know that their air conditioners work hard to keep them cool for much of the year. Because of this, it’s important that they treat their AC systems as an integral part of their home comfort system. One of the best ways you as a homeowner can ensure that your air conditioning system is effective, efficient, and lasts for years to come is by making sure it gets the annual maintenance it needs.
Proper air conditioning maintenance is important no matter where you live, but is especially vital in areas like Louisiana. The hot, humid weather we often experience means that your AC system works hard to keep you and your family comfortable. However, some people still choose to forgo maintenance, not realizing the high cost of that decision. In this article, we’ll explain why AC maintenance is so important – and how it ultimately can help you save money.
5 Reasons to Choose AC Maintenance for Your Home
call or click here:
We understand that you may be on the fence about getting maintenance for your home’s air conditioning. You may be wondering if the cost of maintenance is worth it, or if it’s really necessary for your system. Here are five reasons why we think you may want to consider it:
- Improved Efficiency: When you choose AC maintenance, it will help your system operate more efficiently. A well-maintained air conditioner uses less energy during operation than a system that has been neglected – and higher efficiency often translates to savings on your utility bills.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: Over time, your air conditioning system can collect dirt and dust, and because of our humid climate, it can even become a breeding ground for mold. Not to mention, your air filter will become clogged, causing your system to have to work harder. When you maintain your system, the air that circulates throughout your home will be cleaner and fresher.
- Fewer/Smaller Repairs: Annual maintenance will help ensure that your system is operating properly, and all components are in good shape. If there are any problems, your contractor will be able to detect them early – and that can help you avoid a larger and more expensive repair down the road.
- System Lifespan: When you neglect your air conditioning system, it’s a lot like neglecting your vehicle. Think about how long your car might last if you never changed the oil or got new tires. Probably it wouldn’t last too long! By getting your AC system the maintenance it needs, it will likely last longer and provide better comfort and efficiency.
- Warranty Maintenance: If you look at the fine print on your manufacturer’s warranty, you will probably notice that regular system maintenance is required in order to keep the warrant valid. Failure to get maintenance may void the warranty, and you may have to pay for repairs or part replacements that would have otherwise been covered.
As a homeowner, there are a few measures you can take to help maintain your AC.
Annual air conditioning maintenance by a qualified professional is important, but there are a few things you can do as well. You can keep the area around your outdoor unit clear of debris, grass, and weeds. You can clean off any dirt or debris that may have collected on the unit, and make sure no pests have built nests in or around your unit. You can also check your air filter on a regular basis, and clean or change it when dirty. For best results, you should check the filter on a monthly basis, especially during those times of the year when your system is operating frequently.
And, you can call a qualified contractor for the annual maintenance your AC unit needs.
At Burkhardt, our top priority is helping you save money and improving your comfort. When you need air conditioning maintenance for your home, trust us for professional results. Call Burkhardt Air Conditioning, Heating, Electrical & Generators today for friendly, professional assistance with your air conditioning maintenance needs. Contact us at 985.626.7741.