In Louisiana, most homeowners rely on their air conditioning to keep them cool and comfortable for a good portion of the year. However, during the winter months, temperatures can dip down, especially in the evenings. Fortunately, ductless systems can bridge the gap between warmer and cooler temperatures because many ductless systems can cool the home and heat it as well.
If you’ve been thinking about replacing an older HVAC system in your home, you might want to consider ductless for all-in-one cooling and heating. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the benefits of a ductless system, and we’ll explain how Burkhardt can help, no matter what the temperature outside. Keep reading to learn more!
5 Reasons to Choose Ductless HVAC for Your Home
You may be wondering how ductless systems can offer both heating and cooling. Ductless uses heat pump technology to keep your home comfortable. In the summer months, the hot air is essentially pumped out of your home and into the outdoor environment. During cooler weather, the process is reversed, and heat from the outside air is pumped into your home. What’s more, there are many other benefits to choosing ductless for your home, including:
- Energy Efficiency: Ductless cooling and heating systems are highly energy efficient and don’t require fossil fuel to operate. They are much more efficient than most window AC units or space heaters and offer the added benefit of not intruding on your living space, as they are generally installed high on a wall or ceiling.
- Quiet Operation: Most people who have ductless cooling and heating installed in their homes notice how quietly they operate. This makes them an ideal choice for areas where quiet and comfort are ideal, such as bedrooms and home entertainment areas.
- Safety: Because they don’t require fuel combustion to operate, ductless systems are generally very safe. They are much safer than space heaters that can become hot and cause burns or fire, and unlike window air conditioning systems, you won’t worry about them being pulled out of the window by a child or pet.
- Ease of Use: Ductless units are easy to use. They are generally controlled using a remote, so you can get just the right temperature for the space you’re in. And, they’re also easy to keep clean. Most of the time, each unit has a removable filter that you can take out and clean whenever it becomes dirty, helping promote better air quality in your home. Remember, annual maintenance by a professional HVAC technician is important to keep your ductless system operating properly.
- Flexibility: Ductless systems are very flexible. You can choose one unit if you need cooling and heating in an individual space, like an addition or converted garage, for instance. Or, if you need an HVAC solution for your entire home, you can install multiple units throughout your home.
How can Burkhardt help me choose a ductless system for my home?
At Burkhardt, we proudly offer complete ductless cooling and heating services to our customers, including installation, maintenance, and repair. If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of installing a ductless system in your home, we’re ready to assist you. Call Burkhardt Air Conditioning, Heating, Electrical & Generators today for friendly, professional assistance with your ductless needs at 985.626.7741.